Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yes, I'm probably crazy

For those of you who haven't yet witnessed my insane witterings on about having been to London last weekend (and which I referred to briefly in my last post): I went to London last week to crochet with shinykatie!

It's a funny story this: see, a couple weeks ago, I was out getting schnockered (read: drunk) with some friends, prior to going to see the new Indiana Jones film (which wasn't great, by the way). Just before departing my friend Claire's house, and just after downing more cider than I probably should have, I received a tweet from shinykatie, with the following text: *text will be inserted here once Twitter sorts itself out...For the meantime, the gist of it was inviting me to do some crochet thing in Crystal Palace*.

The response to this, of course, was me squealing. And immediately replying that I thought it would be fun. To which shinykatie responded that she thought I was loopy. Which is probably true.

Anyway, long story short, I trucked my butt all the way from Swindon to London (2 hours in the car) to sit on a table outside on the street in Crystal Palace, chat with Katie, and teach people to crochet. It was one of the best times I've had in a long time. I was surprised, actually, how many people came by who were willing to just sit down at our table and have a go. I taught two lefties and a little right-handed girl (uh, and myself at the same time, since I've never crocheted right-handed!). I'd never taught anyone to crochet before, so it was nerve-wracking at first, but in the end it was really great fun. Plus, around lunch time, someone brought us lovely strawberry parfaits, which were highly appreciated.

I feel that I should mention that the whole thing was organised by the ladies at It's a Green Thing, a superb little eco shop on Church Road. If you want to see a picture of me crocheting at our little booth, check out shinykatie's moblog, and if you just wanna read another great crochet blog, check out Good Hooking.

noisypitta.etsy.com

1 comment:

Shinykatie said...

Yay! Thanks so much for coming to this! It was a great day and I'm so glad that you were there to keep me company.

x